How do you reuse the same pattern in computerized quilting?
Take a look at this screen and you will see three selections in the drop down box under the pattern box button.
- Add Pattern Box is used when you are going to set a new location for a new pattern design. (Note: remember to select the bottom of the box first so your pattern will come up the correct direction.)
- Adjust Current really means Adjust the Current Location of the last pattern you had in the screen view. For example:
If you wanted to use this scroll triangle that is in this picture for more than one triangle in your quilt, you can simply by adjusting the location of this pattern. Here are the steps.
- Get the pattern in view on the screen. If the pattern is back a ways in your screens simply tap on the previous arrow to find it.
- Click on the home button.
- Click on the Pattern Box button.
- Click on Adjust Current (location).
- Follow the prompts for selecting the pattern box.
- Edit you pattern if needed.
3. Remove Current Box is the last selection and if you click on this, the last box will be erased and if it had a pattern inside that will be gone also..
If you have a quilt and the blocks are not all the same in size you have a choice on the scaling. You could scale each pattern to fit each of the different sized blocks or you could scale for one of the blocks and keep the pattern you first sized so that all the designs are exactly the same size. Sometimes keeping the same sized pattern all the way through will make the irregular quilt look more balanced.